Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Interesting Power Points

  1. #11
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting Power Points

    No, I really think its a possibility that no CD team goes unbeaten in the district. RC has owned Coeburn in past few years, and plays a lot better D than Coeburn. If RC can block a little they will be okay in the district. This will be a big week for them against Castlewood. Really RC, CW, Coeburn, and TS are probably pretty even.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting Power Points

    I just noticed you have more posts than me now. So, I guess you're more knowledgeable, so I concede. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #13
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting Power Points

    HAHA.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #14
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting Power Points

    I must agree with Lung in this situation. I think Coeburn has a great chance to dominate the CD. Sure, an injured Kelly team beat them pretty handily, but from what I saw and judging from the scores of other Cumberland teams, I think they should defeat Castlewood and will easily sweep St. Paul. I don't see Rye Cove posing any major threats to them. I think Castlewood will give them just as good of a game. There just aren't many 'prospects' in the Cumberland that seem to pose major threats to Coeburn at this time, so I predict that this year they'll take it all the way in their district.

    At the same time, I agree with lpd_blue that if Coeburn does squeeze through as Cumberland champs and land a playoff spot, chances are they'll get smashed by whoever they are up against, especially if it happens to be Burton. They just don't seem to be a playoff-caliber team at this time. Plus, we saw what happened to St. Paul last year in the playoffs when they tried to take on Burton, and it wasn't pretty.
    Officially retired

  5. #15
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting Power Points

    More than likely, whatever CD team that makes the playoffs gets rolled. Its just that neither team is really that much better than the other. If I had a favorite it would probably be Castlewood because they probably have the best QB/RB tandem. TS has the best WR/Athlete in Jordan. RC has the best overall backfield probably in Barnette, Vikara, and Parker, but bad OLine play. TW has a good QB and athlete. Coeburn has a horse too, but theres no real seperation IMO.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #16
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Interesting Power Points

    From what I have seen, Coeburn should beat everyone in the district by at least 2 td's except maybe CW, and I haven't been able to get a read on TW, they seem to be hit or miss so far this season.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting Power Points

    I just don't think there's a defense in the Cumberland that will be able to stop Shane Bright. The Knights are going to ride that horse to the CD title (especially if they get healed up and give him a blow or two at LB).
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  8. #18
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting Power Points

    I don't like looking at Power points till most everyone have played 5 games

    Based on Scheduleing Castlewood will PROBABLY finish the year with no more than 2 losses meaning that if another Cumberland team wins the District the CD MAY have 2 team in......Haysi/Honaker will deside who gets the BDD Playoff spot this week If Haysi loses that game they can still pull out a Playoff spot if they run the Table which other than the Lee game is all but a done deal.....Hurley can very well finish 8-2 due to a cherrey picked schedule

    In Div 2 Honakerr has IMHO a 50/50 shot at Haysi and unlike Haysi i think Honaker HAS to win this game to have a shot at the playoffs

    The CMD will without a doubt put 2 teams and possable 3 teams in the playoffs IMHO GC and Lebanon, Va High, and Lee filling out the last 1-2 spots

    PV and Wise will battle it out for 1 spot (however both COULD make it) If PV and Wise end up with equil records PV should out point Wise but if Wise ends the season with a better record it will be TIGHT

    Right now it is 2 early to tell much of anything however in 2 more weeks things will start to clearing up a bit

  9. #19
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting Power Points

    Don't underestimate the possibility of PV winning the district.

    Like you said, its still WAY early...The thing to keep in mind is that Clintwood and Burton, probably more than any other big time team, are always a heartbeat of away from a season changing injury.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  10. #20
    Inactive Member pepporoni's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2007
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting Power Points

    Who has Haysi played and look at the rest of their schedule. They might play 2-3 teams with a winning record for the whole season

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •